An electrical COC Certificate is a Certificate that verifies that your electrical installations are up to standards and comply with the requirements in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Book Your Inspection Today.
What is COC Certificate?
A COC Certificate is a certificate that confirms the electrical installation such as the plugs, lights, DB board, geyser and wiring in a home act in accordance with the legislated requirements as detailed in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
How Long is my COC Certificate Pretoria Valid?
Your electrical Certificate of Compliance is only valid for 2 years. Unless there were any changes done to the electrical installation. A Certificate Of compliance may be used more than once if it complies with the 2-year time frame or changes being done.The book of regulations, SANS10142-1. Changes from time to time, Including the occupational health and safety ac. We issue COC’s. Therefore, We know what we do. We know the new and old regulation.
Most frequent questions and answers
The Certificate of compliance starts from the mains supply cable that enters the property, to the top of the main switch Circuit breaker to the point of consumption. Things like a plug socket or where the wires connect to a fixed appliance. Check that all plugs and switches work correctly. For instance, there must be no worn contacts for the issuing of the certificate of compliance Borehole pumps and swimming pool pumps must be earthed.
The Electrical Certificate of Compliance does not cover such as:
- Geysers & Stoves
- Motors & Fans
- Underfloor heating
- Pool motors
Note: The Certificate of Compliance cover only the wiring to fixed appliances.
- The main distribution board and any sub-distribution boards.
- Socket outlets and light switches.
- Wiring – Is it in a safe condition and compatible with the circuit breakers in the distribution board.
- Isolators – Is there isolators install for fixed appliances such as stoves, geysers, gate and door motors, fans etc.
- Earthing –All metal parts of the installation need to be earthed.
- Bonding – Water pipes.
- For the purpose of transfer of ownership, an Electrical Certificate of Compliance older than 2 years may not be used. Any changes in electrical work that is not on the certificate, requires a new Electrical Certificate of Compliance.
Schedule Your COC Inspection Today